Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pre-Game Video

As silly as it makes me feel, I had James recently video me working with each dog.  Since Tibbs has a conformation show, that's what we're working on (he's in the beginning stages of Rally training).  Shiner and Guinness are both working on their rally moves.

Tibbs does conformation:

One of Tibbs' biggest obstacles to rocking the conformation ring has been show manners.  He's a very sensitive dog, and doesn't like holding still - a combination which makes moving with confidence and poise hard for him!  We've been working on his manners, getting his free-stack down and working on our gaiting together as a team.  Hopefully when we move together, we do it gracefully and it all comes together.

From this video, I feel like I need to gait Tibbs faster.  I either need to somehow walk faster or break into a trot (which is frowned on with terriers).  But once we get the pace of his gait right, I think he's come a long way.

Shiner does Rally:


Shiner is doing much, much better with Rally!  He's starting to get the focus I want - now just to isolate his little peabrain from distractions.  This includes breaking stays, sniffing the ground, and rushing towards things that instantly fascinate him.  Once we get that polish he's going to be a good little lad.

Guinness does Rally: 


Ah, Guinness.  My pride and joy.  I feel like if we just go out there and do what we do in practice, the judges are going to fall in love with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment