Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I bought my dog a sweater. There, I said it.

All three of the dogs are shorthairs and we've been having recent spells of 30-ish degree weather.  They spend a decent amount of time hanging out together in the yard, but then all of a sudden it's really cold.  Tibbs & Shiner sit at the back door, staring at me and shivering until I let them in, and are also really hyper.

On a recent walk, Shiner just started crying and shivering.  I ended up shoving him in my jacket for a lot of the walk from there.  So, yeah.  Dog sweaters all around.

This isn't my first rodeo - I bought Guinness a jacket for the same reason a couple years ago.  After stuffing the little dogs into the outfits, they looked like an advertisement for Ruffwear.

Shiner was the only one willing to hold still.

Aaaand it's covered in grass.
Considering they live in the house, and grew up in 100 degree weather, they don't exactly take to cold, and these work quite well to keep their spirits up.  It was about 40 F when these were taken, plenty cold enough for lots of puppy shivers unblanketed.  Hey, it's Austin.  We're a hot weather species.

That's Tibbs at a trot from the front.
Putting them on is fairly straightforward.  Arms through the legholes, then zip up the side.  It was easy enough even with Tibbs' wiggling around.

I can't tell whether they like them or not.

Here's their Christmas card photo.

"So....clothes.  Kinda weird."

Handsome gentlemen, Mr. Tibbs and Mr. Shiner Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment